Tracking PTS of decoded H264 frames with leaky queue

MaZderMind ml at mazdermind.de
Tue Feb 5 15:41:02 UTC 2019

Hi

Am 05.02.19 um 14:33 schrieb barapa:
> Is there any way to write the PTS values into the stream somehow and recover
> them after decoding (while continuing to use a command-line pipeline)?
Jou need to wrap the generated Frames in some kind of Container.
Matroska is a usual suspect but it might be to hard to parse in your
target application, if linking in 3rd party libraries is not possible,
as you suggested.
One of the simpler options (just a static, fixed length/format header)
would be rtpvrawpay, altough I think it will only carry a frame-counter
in its Timestamp-Field for raw video.

As far as I read your requirements this might be enough, because you
would be able to determine dropped or duplicated frames this way.

-Peter