Recode a motion-jpeg stream into mpeg-ts?

Christophe Lohr christophe.lohr at cegetel.net
Wed Feb 6 10:45:23 UTC 2019

Hi,
  Sorry, I have a final-user question... (I'm quite far to become a gst
developper...) So, may I ask my question here?

  I'm trying to recode the motion-jpeg stream for a network cam into an
mpeg-ts stream
(the ultimate wish is to watch this on a DLNA TV via Rygel, but this is
another step)

For now, I can watch the mjpeg stream via gstreamer:

$ gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=http://192.168.3.55/mjpg/video.mjpg !
autovideosink

It's fine, I'm happy.

Now, I try to reencode the stream:

$ gst-launch-1.0 -v uridecodebin uri=http://192.168.3.55/mjpg/video.mjpg
! video/x-raw, framerate=25/1, width=640, height=480 !  videoconvert !
avenc_mpeg2video ! mpegtsmux ! tcpserversink
../..
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstCapsFilter:capsfilter1: caps = video/x-raw,
framerate=(fraction)25/1, width=(int)640, height=(int)480
ERROR: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstSoupHTTPSrc:source:
Internal data stream error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(3055): gst_base_src_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstSoupHTTPSrc:source:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated (-4)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

So, what's wrong?

Best regards