stream rtp audio to vlc

Zoltan Kerenyi Nagy kerenyi.nagy.zoltan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 20:48:24 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I'd like to stream my laptop's analog audio input to my iPhone's VLC on the
same lan:

gst-launch-1.0 -v alsasrc !
"audio/x-raw,width=32,depth=32,rate=48000,channels=2" ! audioconvert !
voaacenc bitrate=320000 ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=4444 sync=false

However when I try to open the stream with VLC, no sound is comming.
I tested this on another laptop with VLC as well, without success.

I was experimenting with these:
vlc -vvv udp://localhost:4444
vlc -vvv rtsp://localhost:4444
vlc -vvv rtp://localhost:4444

Could you help me please. I succesfully did the streaming with ffmpeg, but
it was so CPU intense, so I thought I would give it a try with Gstreamer.

Thanks,

Zoli