Random access violation (seg. fault) when calling GStreamer functions from MATLAB context in Windows

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Feb 12 01:39:05 UTC 2019

Le mercredi 06 février 2019 à 21:57 -0500, Marc Gelinas a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Thank you for the quick response.
>
> Please find attached 4 MATLAB crash reports, along with matching gdb (MinGW 64-bit) outputs.

Looking at the backtrace, we can see that matlab is loading GStreamer
inside a dynamically loaded module. And the crash occurs at some random
call to the GStreamer debug trace system. A diassembly of frame #0
would help investigate further. Meanwhile, maybe someone with knowledge
of the limitation around loading GStreamer in a dynamic module could
help ?