How to estimate stream duration when live mode with EOS ??

HoonHee Lee hoonh83.lee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 07:33:28 UTC 2019

Dear All.

I am using playbin3 pipeline and playing mp3 stream with live mode.
Actually the server feeds stream in Chunked Transfer-Encoding type and the
server does not send content-length in header.
So, gstreamer can not estimate duration through souphttpsrc,
tagdemux(id3demux) and mpegaudioparse.
And EOS is propagated if source stream has no more data to read.
In this case, our player recognize it as live mode but, playbin3 pipeline is
not unloaded(freed) even if EOS is happened.

Can I estimate duration when live mode that has end of stream ??

Thanks.