partially sharing a pipeline for multiple rtsp mount points

stfl ste.lendl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 14:14:20 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying to write a rtsp server application that provides multiple
mountpoints and (partially) shares the pipeline.
There are cameras involved which can only be used once.
The RTSP server shall offer mount points for different codecs
simultaneously.

On the first mountpoint I am outputting the regular stream. On the other
mountpoint I want to tee off somewhere in the existing pipeline and
terminate provide the end of this pipeline branch as another mountpoint.

Another option would be to have a single pipeline with all branches set up
and each mountpoint only provides as single stream.
so with the naming convention on the rtppay: pay0 -> /mount0 pay1 -> /mount1

Or another option would be to have a fully shared pipeline with all branches
and some sort of selection of the streams on the network already.
Some sort of mountpoint stream-selection like /mount0/stream0 and
/mount0/stream1 which only transfers data of the selected stream on the
network. I know I can select the stream later on the receiver side but in
this case it's important to not transfer the unnecessary data.

Is one of this features available and I just haven't figured it out yet or
is there any other option to implement this?
Thank you already for any input and ideas.
If this is a known limitation of rtsp-server let me know as well so I can
stop looking :)

Thank you,
Stefan