Opposite of "tee" or a way to merge two audio sources?

Mathieu Duponchelle mathieu at centricular.com
Sat Feb 16 17:31:12 UTC 2019

input-selector would work if your intention is for the buffers of the
inactive pad(s) to be dropped. In your case that means your background
music could be looped, and playback would resume at a "random" moment.

If your intention is for the background music to play back from the start during
the silence periods, you may want to use audiomixer instead, with dynamically
plugged-in sources, pad offsets and tweaking the volume of the live pad (the mic).