VAAPI buffer alignment

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sat Feb 16 21:39:57 UTC 2019

Le sam. 16 févr. 2019 à 13:37, xrataj00 via gstreamer-devel
<gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I have a pipeline that ends like this:
>
> vaapipostproc ! video/x-raw,format=BGRx ! appsink
>
> It is producing buffers with align=0. Is it possible to change the
> allocation params to make buffers with align=7? I am playing with
> GST_QUERY_ALLOCATION in appsink pad probe callback but no luck so far. Any
> ideas?

It entirely depends on the vaapipostproc capability to honour such
alignment. But overriding the ALLOCATION query (e.g. using a pad
probe) and adding an allocation parameter to that query is the right
approach. If that does not give any result, then you'll have to dig
into vaapipostproc and see if there is a way to honour that suggested
alignment.