How to add glib-networking GIO/GnuTLS modules while building for Android?

enthusiastic geek enthusiasticgeek at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 17:26:22 UTC 2019

Ok for Gstreamer 1.1.6 I found out that the following paragraph in release
notes

The way that GIO modules are named has changed due to upstream GLib natively
adding support for loading static GIO modules. This means that any GStreamer
application using gnutls for SSL/TLS on the Android or iOS platforms (or any
other setup using static libraries) will fail to link looking for the
g_io_module_gnutls_load_static() function. The new function name is now
g_io_gnutls_load(gpointer data). data can be NULL for a static library. Look
at [this commit][gio-gnutls-static-link-example] for the necessary change in
the examples.

So I made the following change in the code in gst_ios_init.h but I think I
am not using API correctly

//For g_io_module_gnutls_load_static

//#define GST_G_IO_MODULE_DECLARE(name) \
//extern void G_PASTE(g_io_module_, G_PASTE(name, _load_static)) (void)

//#define GST_G_IO_MODULE_LOAD(name) \
//G_PASTE(g_io_module_, G_PASTE(name, _load_static)) ()

//For g_io_gnutls_load

#define GST_G_IO_MODULE_DECLARE(name) \
extern void G_PASTE(g_io_, G_PASTE(name, _load)) (void)

#define GST_G_IO_MODULE_LOAD(name) \
G_PASTE(g_io_, G_PASTE(name, _load)) ()