re-listening tcpserversrc?

fightling fightling at elektropost.org
Tue Feb 19 11:53:27 UTC 2019

Hm,

I'm already catching EOS messages by:

   self.pipeline.bus.connect("message::eos", self.on_eos)

but when I quit ffmpeg by Ctrl+C I get no EOS.

I tried to use a gst.watchdog which works. Now I'm stuck at restarting
the relevant part of the pipeline. I don't really want to restart the
whole pipeline because there are some other incoming connections I want
to hold. Actually I have several different sources. Some live (decklink)
and some from ffmpeg over TCP. Live sources shall continue running while
a tcp-source shall be restartable.

Is that possible?

A previous developer tried to use gst.inter* elements but that lead to
A/V sync problems.

Is there a better way to restart tcpserversrc?