RTP dynamic bitrate depending on network condition

justin junione1997 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 03:43:43 UTC 2019

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for the insightful reply.
REMB sounds very convincing, I will give my shot at writing some application
codes soon.
On the side note however, your suggestion seems to be checking network
condition on the end-client side (users watching the stream).
Whereas I am more concerned about the network condition of the sender itself
as we are streaming the video over a mobile network. In some remote
locations, the upload speed is too low for the target bitrate set by
omxh264enc.

Is there a REMB control method for checking the network condition of the
sender? That is:
Gstreamer starts streaming -> check network condition of the sender ->
adjusts bitrate dynamically.

And yes I am testing with gst-launch at this stage.
Once again I greatly appreciate your help.

Justin