Framerate of a motion-jpeg stream

Christophe Lohr christophe.lohr at cegetel.net
Wed Feb 20 14:18:22 UTC 2019

Hi,
  I'd like to handle the motion-jpeg stream of a nework cam.

This commands works well and display the stream:

$ gst-launch-1.0 -v uridecodebin uri=http://192.168.3.55/mjpg/video.mjpg
! video/x-raw, framerate=0/1 ! autovideosink sync=false

The point is that mjpeg has no real "framerate"; pictures arrive as they
can
(well, on the local network this is about at 25fps)

Now, let says I want to convert this stream to another format at a given
framerate, how to do this?

If I add the "videorate" plugin, I get nothing, nothing to display
as if it can't feed its buffer...

This commands doesn't work (this open the display window, which remains
desperately empty):

$ gst-launch-1.0 -v uridecodebin uri=http://192.168.3.55/mjpg/video.mjpg
! video/x-raw, framerate=0/1 ! videorate !  video/x-raw, framerate=25/1
! autovideosink sync=false

Any idea ?

Best regards
Christophe