OpenGL: Is it possible to store a 'glimagetransformation applied' video to a file?

MaZderMind ml at mazdermind.de
Wed Feb 20 15:44:06 UTC 2019

Hi

> Now I tried replacing glimagesink with a filesink, to see if I can store
> this transformation applied video. The file is created but I am unable to
> open the file.  Where am I going wrong?

At this point the Stream contains Buffers pointing to Memory in your
Graphicscard. First you'd have to download those buffers into your
computers Main-Memory (gldownload). Next yopu usually want to encode
those raw pixel values into some smaller form, ie h264 (x264enc). Now
this video-stream usually needs a container, ie. mp4 (mp4mux). Now you
can save this mp4-stream to a file.

This needs probably some color- and format-conversions, but it should
give you a rough indication of the Steps involved.

Best Regards,
Peter