Failed to build tutorials on Xcode 10.1

chronosynchlastic serhan at fastmail.com
Tue Feb 26 16:49:48 UTC 2019

Hi. I cloned the GStreamer tutorials from
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-docs.git and opened the
provided .xcodeproj file in Xcode. I confirmed that the Framework and Header
search paths are set correctly.

My problem is: When I try to build any of the tutorials, I get this error
message:

In file included from
/Users/guel/Projects/gstreamer/gst-docs/examples/tutorials/basic-tutorial-3.c:1:
In file included from
/Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Versions/1.0/Headers/gst/gst.h:27:
In file included from
/Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Versions/1.0/Headers/glib.h:37:
/Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Versions/1.0/Headers/glib/gbookmarkfile.h:171:11:
*error: unknown type name 'time_t'; did you mean 'size_t'?*

However, if I compile on the command line as follows, it works:
gcc basic-tutorial-1.c -o basic-tutorial-1 `pkg-config --cflags --libs
gstreamer-1.0`

I don't understand why the type name 'time_t' is not recognized although the
library time.h is included. I checked the build settings in Xcode and saw
that it is using the compiler Apple Clang. Is this error related to the
compiler? If yes, how can I set gcc as the compiler in Xcode. It is
installed on my system but doesn't show up on Xcode as an option.

Thanks.