Possible inconsistencies between python and C API

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Jan 3 14:00:59 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-01-02 at 13:30 +0100, Antonio Ospite wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 11:10:02 +0100
> Antonio Ospite <ao2 at ao2.it> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wanted to brush up my GStreamer game and I though I'd write some
> > example elements in python to fixate some concepts without the
> > distracting C boilerplate.
> >

> I ended up writing the elements in C, but I would still be interested
> to have the issues with pyhton bindings fixed, read below for some
> questions.

Please create an issue for any API problems (one for each) in
gst-python:
  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-python/issues/new

Thanks!

> > In particular I was writing a demuxer and a parser

Performance-wise it's not a good idea to write GStreamer elements in
Python, because of the global interpreter lock. C, C++ and Rust seem
better choices at this point.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com