measuring av sync problem

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Sat Jan 5 07:35:17 UTC 2019

I'm trying to  provide tools and test scripts to diagnose and reproduce av
sync problems in and around
https://github.com/voc/voctomix

I have a gst pipeline that sends in blip bop and can use my eyes and ears
to observe the output, but I would rather have some code to the analysis.

such a thing does exist, but I haven't been able to make it all work
smoothly.
create input file:
https://www.mltframework.org/plugins/ProducerBlipflash/
melt -profile hdv_720_30p blipflash out=90 -consumer avformat:blipflash.ts
terminate_on_pause=1
test:
https://www.mltframework.org/plugins/ConsumerBlipflash/
melt avformat:blipflash.ts -consumer blipflash:results.txt
terminate_on_pause=1
cat results.txt
0    0.00
30    0.00
60    0.00
90    0.00

Each line is the frame the tone was detected, and how far off the flash is.

does gst have anything like this?

If one of the gst visualizers like spacescope could give me a full white
frame on beep, that would get me most of the way there.

--
Carl K