QtGstreamer on Android

Alexander Rössler machinekoder at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 19:14:03 UTC 2019

I have successfully built and run QtGstreamer on Android. However, I can't
get QGst::ElementFactory::make to work correctly.

In particular, this dynamic_cast seems to fail:
https://github.com/GStreamer/qt-gstreamer/blob/master/src/QGlib/refpointer.h#L332

I verified that the problem is not in the installation itself, the call
GstElement *element = gst_element_factory_make("playbin", NULL); works as
expected.

I wonder if this problem has anything to do with me using static plugins on
Android. To test my hypothesis I build one plugin statically on Linux, but
the problem did not occur.

Does anybody know what could be the problem and how to debug it? I've
pushed debug logging to TRACE level and I don't see any errors happening,
so the failing dynamic_cast seems to be a problem.

Thank you for your help.

Alex