building GStreamer as a single shared library

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Jan 17 16:36:26 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-01-17 at 14:51 +0100, Luca Bacci wrote:
> Hi, I want to build GStreamer with all plugins as just one shared
> library: a shared library containing core Gstreamer and all elements
> from base, good, bad, ugly with all their deps, statically. I only
> need it for Windows. I'm using MSYS2. How can I do that?

There's no easy or direct support for that, but take a look at how the
Android and iOS builds are working. And also take a look how static
plugins can be build/used in applications (you'll have to build all
GStreamer plugins statically).

It's definitely possible, I'm aware of some (non-public) setups that
are doing exactly that on Windows. But you'll have to do quite some
work yourself for figuring out the build system pieces.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com