How do I retrieve GstBuffer from a GstPad?

geospatialdeveloper reena.dass2 at utas.utc.com
Fri Jan 18 13:27:00 UTC 2019

So I have a simple pipeline with a custom source element that reads a Tiff
file, a custom transform element that applies an algorithm to the pixels
read in and a sink element that writes out a new Tiff file. This pipeline
works.

I'm trying to write a shared library to have a function that will load the
pipe in memory but instead of the sink element writing out the Tiff file
will write the data into a memory location so that applications using the
shared library can call the function and have access to the processed
pixels.

I did try to read the source pad of the transform element but with no sink
in the pipe, the pipe does not execute.