proxy-libintl overrides libintl.dylib on macOS

yanghb sprhawk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 04:56:34 UTC 2019

Hi, all

I'm using cerbero to build software ( pitivi ), I encountered a problem,

first I think It is a bug of recipe of gettext and I posted an issue here
<https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/issues/113>

Another digging, I found it is due to glib depends on proxy-libintl which
overrides libintl.dylib

pitivi depends on gst-python which depends on _libintl_xxxx, but
proxy-libintl overrides libintl.dylib with _g_libintl_xxx symbols

So what is a better solution to this? for now I only remove dependency of
proxy-libintl for software building

My recipes are here: https://github.com/sprhawk/cerbero-pitivi