qt-gstreamer maintenance

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Jan 20 17:57:26 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-01-20 at 18:27 +0100, Alexander Rössler wrote:
> I just read the maintenance notice in
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/qt-gstreamer/commit/. Although
> we use QML in our project, qmlsink did not work as expected, so we
> chose to use qt-gstreamer.
>
> I was able to make it work on Linux, Windows, and Android, just to
> confirm it's still working.
>
> If you want people to switch to the officially supported plugin,
> please make the examples work out of the box.

Ideally someone would extract the plugins from qt-gstreamer and create
MRs for them to include them in gst-plugins-bad. E.g. the sink is still
useful to have, and QML is not a solution in all situations.

That said, if you run into problems with qmlglsink please report them
at https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/issues/new
 so that they can get fixed.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com