v4l2src does not support progressive interlacing

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Tue Jan 22 00:47:19 UTC 2019

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 11:58 AM Tim Harvey <tharvey at gateworks.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 11:56 AM Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas at ndufresne.ca> wrote:

> >> Nicolas,
> >>
> >> Did you receive the log I sent you regarding my experience with this
> >> issue? I can send again if needed.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >

> > I haven't I believe. Maybe the ML have eaten it, was it big ?
>
> I sent it off-list... it probably went to your spam :)
>
> I've attached it (135K) here.
>
> Tim

Nicolas,

Sorry to resurrect a fairly dated thread but this issue still exists
using gstreamer master.

root at imx6q-gw5404:~/gst/master# v4l2-ctl -d7 --get-fmt-video
Format Video Capture:
        Width/Height      : 720/480
        Pixel Format      : 'UYVY' (UYVY 4:2:2)
        Field             : Sequential Bottom-Top
        Bytes per Line    : 1440
        Size Image        : 691200
        Colorspace        : SMPTE 170M
        Transfer Function : Rec. 709
        YCbCr/HSV Encoding: ITU-R 601
        Quantization      : Limited Range
        Flags             :
root at imx6q-gw5404:~/gst/master# gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src
device=/dev/video7 ! video/x-raw,format=UYVY !  jpegenc ! rtpjpegpay !
udpsink host=172.24.20.19 port=5000
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Device
'/dev/video7' does not support progressive interlacing
Additional debug info:
gstv4l2object.c(3821): gst_v4l2_object_set_format_full ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
Device wants interleaved interlacing
Execution ended after 0:00:00.003732076

I've put the GST_DEBUG log here:
https://gist.github.com/tharvey/fb3ef7ded7cb686739aeac1ba947a8ca

I've got a gstreamer devel environment handy now for testing if you
have some ideas.

Regards,

Tim

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...