AES sender pipeline options

James Cowdery jtc at dolby.com
Fri Jan 25 17:16:45 UTC 2019

Sebastian,
               Understood. I think most implementations have a custom driver
that accurately timestamps the packets on the way out based on the PTP.
However, from reading the standard it sounds like I should get away with the
increased link offset of these methods (this is not production code). I'll
start with the last method you outlined as this seems simplest and closely
matches the streams I've observed and see if I can keep my receivers happy.
Adding RTSP is future step. I need that for Ravenna support anyway as it
uses RTSP and zeroconf for discovery and SDP exchanges.

I'll return with what I found out. I think this is an interesting area for
anyone starting with gstreamer and AES67 and it would be great if some of
this work could be reused so things work more 'out of the box' or at least a
public example.
Thanks again for the help,
James