oops in v4l2src when going from pause to play

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sat Jan 26 15:08:04 UTC 2019

Le vendredi 25 janvier 2019 à 23:27 -0600, dwight_g a écrit :
> Nicolas Dufresne-5 wrote
> > Then disable VIDIOC_CREATE_BUFS support in your driver if it's crashing
> > the kernel. This IOCTL is specially designed fro run-time allocation,
> > and only make sense for drivers using virtual memory.
>
> This is where I show my ignorance, of which driver do you speak? The only
> place I see VIDIOC_CREATE_BUFS referenced is in v4l2-core..?

You said GStreamer is allocating more buffer at runtime, and this is
the only way userspace could possibly do that with a v4l2 driver. If
this ioctl is not implemented in your driver, then GStreamer is not
allocating more buffers at run-time. Maybe you driver crashes upon caps
renegotiation (which least to a relatively fast streamoff/streamoff
sequence).

Nicolas