Synchronization precision

RiccardoCagnasso riccardo at phascode.org
Tue Jul 2 09:59:12 UTC 2019

Nicolas Dufresne-5 wrote

> This last sentence surprise me. I did quite some test, and on the same
> monitor, I have never seen a de-sync. But the was not with Arun library
> though. Maybe you need a bit of a debugging sessions.

I don't use Arun library, but my own code is very similar. There might be a
bug, yes, but I don't think this is the case. For two reasons.

First the code is very simple.
Second, I routinely use a single video played on a borderless window that
spans across multiple outputs on big led walls and there's no perceivable
de-sync.
This means that the de-sync that you see across different monitors, is not
caused by the "multiple monitors".

I have somewhere a video of two synchronized playbins, one next to the
other, on my laptop screen. The video is recorded in 120 fps slow motion and
the de-sync every couple of second is quite clear.