Webrtcbin: Huge increasing memory leak while using appsink instead of autovideosink

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Jul 8 10:41:58 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-07-08 at 12:19 +0200, Neil Young wrote:
> @Neil: Sorry, I got the information from another developer, that your
> hint fixes the leak. So it seems, that the other information I got
> ("the leak is also present, if there is no handling of the samples at
> all") was wrong.

Where did you get that information? Not in the GitLab issue in any
case.

If you use an appsink and never pull any samples from it then all the
samples will accumulate in the appsink until you run out of memory. See
the documentation of appsink.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com