Can the identity plugin cause frame drop?

pisymbol . pisymbol at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 21:40:06 UTC 2019

Is this true?

So if I have a source like this:

nvcamerasrc ! identity name=tap ! magicunicorns ! ...

Can tap's "handoff" callback cause frame drops in the pipe/source? Or is it
that the "handoff" function won't see every frame no matter what I do? I'm
talking fixed 30fps here which isn't THAT fast.

I thought "identity" was the safest way to tape the pipe (I need to get all
the buffers to extra some metadata out of each one etc.).

If it can cause a drop, should I try to use tee/queue idiom to see all the
buffers?

Thanks!

-aps