MPEG-TS

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Tue Jul 9 18:16:29 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-07-09 at 14:32 +0100, Tim-Philipp Müller wrote:

[…]
> I'm a bit lost what exactly you're talking about here now, but if you
> find a gchar * in our API that is always a 0-terminated string, unless
> explicitly indicated otherwise. If it was not, it would be a gchar
> foo[3] or somesuch.

No need to worry, I had assumed what you say was true, which is why I was
confident the fault was in my code and test data!

The things people responded on the email was all very helpful and got me to
the answer.

The difficulty for me is that the GStreamer structs are, in places, not quite
what the standards talk about because they are talking about the unparsed byte
sequences whereas GStreamer bus message elements are pre-parsed struct
instances. So referring to the standard is often not helpful in the
documentation for the structs.

In the end the single biggest problem at the moment is that there appears to
be no gstreamer_mpegts_sys::GstMpegtsShortEventDescriptor and I cannot work
out why not.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200