Green screen streaming H.264/VP8 over WebRTC to Chrome

josh josh at caffeinatedkiwi.com
Mon Jul 15 04:48:43 UTC 2019

I'm trying to stream a local RTSP stream which is encoded in H.264 to a
chrome browser using H.264 or VP8. The trouble I'm having is the video
starts out green until I put my hand over the lens and remove then the video
is normal. I have tested the RTSP stream in VLC and it plays normally. It
happens with both H.264 and VP8. Below is the pipeline code. I read on
another forum I may need to wait for an iframe in the RTSP stream but I'm
not sure how to do that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

webrtcbin bundle-policy=max-bundle name=sendrecv " STUN_SERVER " rtspsrc
location=rtsp://192.168.1.240:554/live2.sdp ! rtph264depay ! h264parse
config-interval=1 ! queue ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! queue ! x264enc !
rtph264pay ! queue !
application/x-rtp,media=video,encoding-name=H264,payload=100 ! sendrecv.