AW: playback H264 encoded file too fast

jles jlesquer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 15:22:25 UTC 2019

Hi,

Quick update:

I did changed the appsrc format to time, but it didn't help, still same
issue.

Debugging the application I've realised that if encoding the frame rate time
is faster than the time stamp the resulting video plays too fast but in the
other way around everything looks at normal speed.

I think that the problem is that the camera takes a few frames (2-3) to get
a stable fps (after that it changes the fps depending of the light) and the
encoder takes a fix encoding frame rate from the first pushed frame into the
pipeline.

E.g if for the first captured frame the rate is 40fps the encoder starts
working at that speed regardless if the next frames are 14fps so it doesn't
adjust speed for next captured frames even if framerate in caps and
timestamps are updated ...so the resulting video plays too fast....

Any ideas how to fix this?