MPEG-TS and Rust

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Jul 15 19:04:48 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am finding that from Rust code, via gstreamer_mpegts_sys,
gst_mpegts_descriptor_parse_dvb_component works fine if there is no text in
the component descriptor. However as soon as there is any text in the content
descriptor then I get a SIGSEGV from, according to the CLion stack trace:

	__gconv
	iconv
	g_convert_with_iconv
	???
	???
	gst_mpegts_descriptor_parse_dvb_component

Has anyone any idea how to find out why there is a SIGSEGV, the code is just
supposed to collect together n (known) bytes into a nul terminated C string.

I am guessing there are no tests for this C code. :-(

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200