Jetson TX2 Gstreamer Omxh264dec Rewind Problem

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Jul 18 02:16:34 UTC 2019

Le mercredi 17 juillet 2019 à 03:54 -0500, Osman Berk a écrit :
> Hello;
>
> I write a program for video streaming and I use omxh264dec element, while I
> can fast forward with this element I am unable to rewind, when I change
> omxh264dec with avdec_h264 the problem is gone. However it costs me in cpu
> usage.
>
> What is the reason of the problem and how can I solve it?

Reverse playback is not implemented in gst-omx, I have strong doubt
that it's implemented by NVidia in their patches either. One of the big
difficulty is that with OMX we need to know in advance the GOP (group
of picture) size. Reverse playback in GStreamer works by decoding an
entire gop and pushin git in reverse. This requires a very large amount
of video buffers.