GstBaseTransform::set_caps problem

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Jul 18 02:20:58 UTC 2019

Le mercredi 17 juillet 2019 à 13:38 +0000, Abdumuminov, Umedzhon a
écrit :
> Hi guys,
>
> We created some plugins that inherited from GstBaseTransform and implemented set_caps. Also, we have some properties that are in use in set_caps.
> So, the question is:
>
> Is it expected that set_caps called before first initialization of plugin’s properties?
> If so, can we prevent calling set_caps before properties assignment? I mean is there any built-in mechanism to do so.

Properties can be set at any time, through gst-launch though, they will
be set before. The element should protect against run-time property
changes if that isn't supported. We have property caps to indicate in
which state a properly can be used, though this is not enforced.