Building dtls plugin in Ubuntu 18.04

Serhan Gül serhan at fastmail.com
Thu Jul 18 16:44:27 UTC 2019

Hi, I'm trying to build the dtls plugin (from gst-plugins-bad) which I need in order to run the WebRTC example application available here <https://github.com/centricular/gstwebrtc-demos/tree/master/sendrecv>. After I built the example WebRTC program "sendrecv", I realized that I can't run it because I had configured gst-plugins-bad without some of the necessary libraries. Therefore, I went to the gst-plugins-bad source directory and reconfigured it as follows:

./autogen.sh --disable-gtk-doc --enable-srtp --enable-dtls --enable-webrtc

The config log says that webrtc and srtp will be built now but for dtls I'm getting the following output:

configure: *** checking feature: DTLS plugin ***
configure: *** for plug-ins: dtls ***
checking for DTLS... no
configure: *** These plugins will not be built: dtls

I think probably I'm missing some libraries in my system (Ubuntu 18.04) but I can't figure out which ones. I'm not familiar with the TLS libraries, so I would appreciate if someone could point me to the right direction.
Thanks!