Saving a file to a directory in iOS via filesink

antchi antchien at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 14:57:25 UTC 2019

I'm receiving an audio stream, which I'm then trying to encode into a wav
file and save it to a temporary directory in an iOS app.  Does anyone know
if this is possible?  I haven't been able to find anything online about
this.

I'm generating the file location using the following (swift):
let exportPath: String =
NSTemporaryDirectory().appendingFormat("ios_audio_sample.wav")
let audioExportUrl = URL.init(fileURLWithPath: exportPath)

audioExportUrl then equals to something like
"file:///private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/53E549F3-2B49-4ACE-BCB4-5D95DDC28589/tmp/ios_audio_sample.wav"

I'm then setting the location property of the filesink to audioExportUrl.
But when I try to set the pipeline to play, it fails.  I've tried
manipulating the audioExportUrl to different things (like turning into a
string, removing the "file://" prefix etc), but nothing has worked.

Does anyone have experience with saving files to iOS via gstreamer?  Thanks!