avdec_g722

Thomas Green TGreen2 at Sorenson.com
Thu Jul 25 22:02:39 UTC 2019

Hi all...

I've been playing with the 722 decoder because I'm looking at a telephony app.  I create a g722 audio file with the following pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 alsasrc device=hw:0,0 ! audio/x-raw, rate=48000, channels=2, width=16, depth=16 ! audioresample ! audioconvert ! audio/x-raw, format=S16LE, channels=1, rate=16000 ! avenc_g722 ! filesink location=./testing.g722

my issue come down to decoding this input file.  I pared down the decoding to the following pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=./testing.g722 ! audio/G722 ! avdec_g722 ! fakesink

and still get an error

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFileSrc:filesrc0: Internal data stream error.

There is some additional information that gstbasesrc.c (3055) streaming stopped, reason error (-5)

Running in higher debug levels I get more information that in gstaudiodecoder.c (2199) indicates that it is an unsupported format.  The code seems to fail when checking if we should change from a byte to time format (gstaudiodecoder.c:2184) that either the context.d_estimate_rate is false, or the format couldn't be converted from a bytes format to a time format.

Where do I look now for the cause of this error?  I would think that a file created with the avenc_g722 would be able to be decoded with the avdec_g722.  Am I missing something fundamental?

My version of gstreamer, gstreamer-libav, gstreamer-plugins-base are all 1.14.4

Thanks in advance,

Tom Green