Embedding GPS and timestamp tags on a per frame basis

Kaj-Michael Lang milang at tal.org
Tue Jun 4 07:36:47 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-06-03 at 14:29 -0400, pisymbol wrote:
> What I want is for every frame to somehow squirrel away both a
> timestamp and a GPS location.

This reminded me of something I was trying to do almost 10 years ago,
it didn't work properly at the time with 0.10 so I dropped it and
forgot all about it.

Just for fun I ported my very simple test app over to the 1.0 API and
at least with jpeg files using jifmux is seems to work now.

I haven't tried with any video formats, don't know if any supports that
kind of metadata per frame.

Anyway, the crappy code is on github at
https://github.com/oniongarlic/gpsvideo

--