GStreamer Java - File from udp is not readable

asdfman12 asdfman12 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 5 15:31:56 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to stream audio from a Raspberry Pi to a VM.

The Raspberry Pi has a microphone plugged into it and its pipeline is like
so (IP/hostname info redacted):

The VM is running this pipeline:

Running this via command line works just fine when I end it with Ctrl+C
(coupled with the -e switch), and the file is readable. What I'd like to do,
however, is keep the pipeline running on the Raspberry pi via command line,
but use a Java application for the VM's pipeline. This Java application is
hooked to REST endpoints "/start" and "/stop". "/start" starts the pipeline
and "/stop" /should/ stop the pipeline and write to file, but the file is
unreadable. My code is at the bottom of this post. Any ideas on improving
the pipeline or how to make the file readable would be great. My initial
thinking was that it has to do with how I'm sending an EOS message, but not
too sure. Thank you!