video ahead of audio hlssink

Rand Graham rand.graham at zenith.com
Fri Jun 7 20:05:15 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am transcoding video and audio for the purpose of streaming with hlssink.
The audio and video are at two different source urls.
They are muxed together using mpegtsmux.

What I have noticed is that the video gets ahead of the audio.

Is there a way to force mpegtsmux to sync the audio and video using a parameter? Can this be done by adding an input selector element?

>From what I have seen previously, problems were created because software encoders were introducing latency. That is not the case here as the audio is falling behind. I don't' see any error messages, it is just that during playback the audio is very noticeably out of sync.

Here is the pipeline I am using.

gst-launch-1.0 -v -e mpegtsmux name=m ! hlssink   target-duration=5 souphttpsrc location=http://127.0.0.1:8000/routestream/5 ! qtdemux name=d d. ! h265parse ! mfxhevcdec ! videoconvert ! mfxvpp width=1280 height=720 ! mfxh264enc ! video/x-h264, stream-format=byte-stream ! m. souphttpsrc location=http://127.0.0.1:8000/routestream/6 ! decodebin ! audioconvert ! voaacenc bitrate=128000 !

Regards,
Rand