gstreamer alsasrc with 6 channel

tpearson-raptor tpearson at raptorengineering.com
Mon Jun 10 08:19:46 UTC 2019

nagendra sarma wrote
> i just commented the following code, everything started working, thanks
> for
> support
>
> #if 0
>   if (spec->type == GST_AUDIO_RING_BUFFER_FORMAT_TYPE_RAW &&
> alsa->channels
> < 9)
>     gst_audio_ring_buffer_set_channel_positions (GST_AUDIO_BASE_SRC
>         (alsa)->ringbuffer, alsa_position[alsa->channels - 1]);
> #endif

Quoted from:
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/gstreamer-alsasrc-with-6-channel-tp4681900p4681924.html

I also required this patch trying to record from an M-Track USB 8-channel
capture device.  Without it, all I got was silence or very loud digital
buzzing, which seems to line up with the report of an unwanted pulse train
earlier.

What was the original code even trying to do?