Playing a video in a GTK window example

pisymbol . pisymbol at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 13:42:11 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 9:20 AM pisymbol . <pisymbol at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 11:19 PM Guillaume Desmottes <
> guillaume.desmottes at collabora.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> The gtksink and gtkglsink in
>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/tree/master/tests/examples/gtk
>> should be helpful to you.
>>
> Great! I know them. Now an example that uses them? :-)

Full disclosure: I have now gotten it to work from a tip by Mattias. My
point though is that in order to link videoconvert to gtksink you need to
expose videoconverts src as a ghost pad which is no where to be found in
the documentation.

What worked for me (the missing link - literally):

ghostpad = Gst.Ghostpad.new("sink",
videoconveter_element.get_static_pad('src'))
bin.add_pad(ghotspad)

And then I was able to link in gtksink and pack it using
gtksink.props.widget. This stuff needs to be documented since the
overwhelming majorities that turn up on Google simply do not work with the
current API.

-aps