gstlglimagesink EGL_BAD_DISPLAY

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 16:29:21 UTC 2019

I am a bit out of my depth with this one, but I am trying to decode/test
display a simple videotestsrc on a wayland compositor [1].

Unfortunately I have not yet succeeded. the application is pretty simple.

We have a Debian/Buster running with mutter on wayland on an NVIDIA card.

We log in to the system over ssh and we are trying:

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! glimagesink

Each and everytime, I seem to get some EGL_BAD_DISPLAY.

Can anyone give some insights what could be wrong? Are there special things
we need to take care of when trying to create the context/surface?

I've tried to map the wayland/egl flow to some test applications (that
display a window) on the gstreamer calls to wayland and egl, but failed to
find a significant discrepancy [2], even after mimicing the configurations.

[1] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/issues/621
[2] https://github.com/mleeman/tutorials.git (cloned)

--
g. Marc