gstlglimagesink EGL_BAD_DISPLAY

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 07:44:42 UTC 2019

> > I have have set the environment variable  (uid 1002) that was not really
> the issue. The sample application gets displayed on wayland.
> >
> > The logs seem to indicate that it attaches to Wayland (cf. infra). Or is
> this not enough to be certain?
>
> Try WAYLAND_DEBUG=1 maybe ?

I will dig a little deeper with this.

> Matthew suggested to weed out the mesa libraries and we saw that the
> number of detected displays dropped from 3 to 1, so that would already
> remove some uncertainty.
> >
> > I am wondering, do we need to tweak the egl config selection to the caps
> of the videotestsrc (RGB/RGBA).
>
> Be aware that on Intel/Mutter, it works for me, I don't have an NVidia
> setup. Did you try with NVidia/Nouveau first ? I suspect it has to do
> with EGLStream, as with NVidia blob, Wayland/GL is different.

yep, Intel/Mutter works just fine. We plan to use intel mainly for newer
systems, but the current install base has intel with an nvidia card, we
we're investigating to support those.

we did not test nouveau yet since we want to leverage nvdec for decoding,
AFAIK that combinination does not work.