qt5, widgets and waylandsink

Wouter Vanhauwaert W.Vanhauwaert at TELEVIC.com
Mon Jun 17 08:40:11 UTC 2019

Hello,

On our embedded imx6 platform (linux 5.0, etnaviv, wayland), I have issues embedding a waylandsink on top of a qtwidget. (glimagesink is also a possibility if it works well enough, but from gst-launch on, it looks like waylandsink is less cpu-intensive).
As sort of demo, I created a small application:
https://github.com/woutervanh/qt-waylandsink-demo

It gets stuck on creating a window handle:
Prepare window handle
0:00:00.113075333   494  0x213f3b0 WARN             waylandsink wlvideoformat.c:137:gst_video_format_to_wl_dmabuf_format: wayland dmabuf video format not found

However, the "same" pipeline works if I run it directly via:
gst-launch1.0 videotestsrc ! waylandsink

It would be awesome if someone would point me in the correct direction?

BTW, the .pro file looks messy, but it's because I also have some issues building with the correct dependencies in Yocto.

Grt
Wouter