Gstreamer multi threads vs multi processes.

kkbpower rlarudqja542 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 07:00:47 UTC 2019

I am using Gstreamer to save file from RTP packet.
So I am using below command

gst-launch-1.0 \
rtpbin name=rtpbin \
udpsrc name=videoRTP port=5000 \
caps="application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, payload=98,
encoding-name=(string)VP8-DRAFT-IETF-01, clock-rate=90000" \
! rtpvp8depay ! webmmux ! queue \
! filesink location=track1.webm \
udpsrc port=5002 \
caps="application/x-rtp, media=audio, payload=111,
encoding-name=(string)OPUS, clock-rate=48000" \
! rtpopusdepay ! opusparse ! oggmux \
! filesink location=audio.ogg

(Actually, I cannot implement to mp4 directly yet. :(  )

Anyway, I am receiving RTP packet only two port(5000/5002) in this
situation.
But all sources will send RTP packet to Gstreamer. Then all packets will be
sent into one Gstreamer process.
It is not correct.
So i am concerning how to separate each stream.

1. Separate each stream with multiple Gstreamer process(multiple port).
2. Separate each stream with one Gstreamer process with multiple thread.

What is correct? And Please help me how to do each answer.

I am waiting your advice. Thank you!