parsebin: Not emitting no-more-pads?

Krzysztof Konopko krzysztof.konopko at konagma.eu
Fri Jun 21 17:37:34 UTC 2019

Hi,

I don't see 'parsebin' emitting 'no-more-pads' signal ('pad-added' is
fine).  I also do not see `gst_element_no_more_pads()` called anywhere
in its implementation.

Is this intended or am I missing something?

I've tried it with an MP4 file and it correctly instantiates a
'qtdemux' element which itself exposes all pads correctly and emits
'no-more-pads' which is handled internally by 'parsebin'.  I see no
indication of 'parsebin' doing it itself though.

The idea is that I set blocking probes on the pads exposed, and if I
get 'no-more-pads' from 'parsebin', I can for example query it for the
duration etc.  And then decide what to do next with the pads (at this
point I'm fine with stream selection fall-back behaviour).

Thanks,
Kris