About Gstreamer abilities.

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Jun 28 01:52:08 UTC 2019

Le jeudi 27 juin 2019 à 16:39 +0300, Nisanur Erkin a écrit :
> Hi, i am Nisa i have couple of questions.
> I hope you will respond me.
> 1-Can we convert an image buffer to a Visual studio(C#) Bitmap class (to print a Window).

That's a C# question, I bet it's possible, don't don't know how.

> 2-Can gstreamer ve able to open and show video files(mp4, mov, avi, etc.) and show them again(as buffer), forward, bavkward and go to the desired time?

You can always replace the display sink with an appsink element in
order to access the GstBuffers. With a proper caps filter you can force
color conversion to a compatible format to the API you would like to
use to display. For the location, you can set your pipeline to pause,
and use seek, trickmodes and/or step operation to navigate the frames.

> 3-Can gstreamer receive video stream images(byte array/buffer) over IP cameras at desired solution, speed and in different formats(h264, mjpeg, etc.)?

Some camera are supported out of the box, it will depends on the
protocol your IP camera is using.

> Can it adjust image settings?

There is various filters, like colorbalance that you can used.

> 4-Can it capture images with a password and direct the controllable cameras and read the metadata(image coordinates, etc) of the received images?

I don't understand this question. What is an image with a password ?

> 5-Can gstreamer capture images with a password and direct controllable cameras and read metadata(image coordinates, etc.) of received images?

Even with different spelling I still don't understand ;-D

> 6-Can gstreamer  receive audio data over IP cameras?

If you camera protocol is supported and has audio, yet (RTSP will
work).