GStreamer with Intel NUC and logitech brio

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Mar 1 12:26:27 UTC 2019

Le vendredi 01 mars 2019 à 01:38 -0600, Ingemar Johansson a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I have plans to implement a realtime RTP streaming application based on an
> Intel NUC and a Logitech Brio Stream. The intention is to be able to H264
> encode and stream 4k video. One of the requirements is that it should be low
> latency.
> Does anybody have any experience (good or bad) with these components ?

The Brio is ok, but there is some oops. To get decent framerate, you'll
have to capture JPEG, but then you pay the cost of latency of JPEG to
H264 conversion. Unlike the C9XX series, it does not seem to come with
a built-in encoder. So my take is that the Brio is ok, but way to
expensive for what it offers.