Gstreamer itself has hundreds of plugins so how to read tcpdump of rstp

darius manta103g at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 00:16:06 UTC 2019

thank you

from
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10207752/how-to-convert-pcap-to-avi-file-with-video-and-audio-by-gstreamer

"How to convert pcap to avi file with video and audio by gstreamer?

the above is close to my target

since pcap file saved with a driver, can be dissected and reassembled into
playable video file

"Video Only

gst-launch-0.10 -m -v filesrc location=h264Audio.pcap ! pcapparse
src-port=44602 \ !"application/x-rtp, payload=96" ! rtph264depay !
"video/x-h264, width=352, height=288, framerate=(fraction)30/1" \ !
ffdec_h264 ! videorate ! ffmpegcolorspace \ ! avimux ! filesink
location=testh264.avi

So my question is, if gst can read any pcap file
and if gst can read pcap file saved with a driver (WS)
from wifi interface in monitor mode
(saving live data feeds from many sources/ addresses or rstp video streams
from more than a single IP camera)

If the answer to the above is yes, so gst can support pcap saved from wifi
interface in monitor
mode and I don't need to feed gst with rstp live feed, since pcap file is
off-line mode file

So my idea is to combine

IP camera supporting P2P (WiFi Direct)

wifi interface in monitor mode

Wireshark or a driver alone which can save all traffic as pcap

gst to dissect pcap and reassembly the video segment

pipilined to VLC or HTML5 video player

looping the above to avoid time shift / delays

Can the above be really done with gst ?