Error: file not found: @rpath/lib/libgstcontroller-1.0.0.dylib for architecture x86_64

logs loganjrainey at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 06:59:07 UTC 2019

I'm pretty new to GStreamer, and I'm trying to follow the official tutorials
online. Despite copy-and-pasting the code straight from the webpage, and
following all the instructions on the installation of Gstreamer, I seem to
be getting an error I just can't figure out. Also, I'm using Xcode on a
MacBook.

The error reads:
/ld: file not found: @rpath/lib/libgstcontroller-1.0.0.dylib for
architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)

I've added 'GStreamer.framework' under the 'Link Binary with Libraries'
section on the Build Phases tab.
I've also added '/Library/Frameworks/GStreamer.framework/Headers' to Header
Search Paths under Build Settings.

I know there was another guy who had the same issue on this forum, see  HERE
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/How-to-add-Gstreamer-to-your-project-on-xcode-td4684708.html>
.
He mentions he copied some files to the framework's lib folder from the
/opt/local/lib/ folder, but I do not have the opt file like he seems to
have.

I'm pretty lost at the moment, so thanks in advance for the help!